Thursday, December 9, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Do you have the tune from Sound of Music in your head yet?

(Yes, I am a musical geek if you haven't already noticed from the King and I reference)

I'm seeing all these beautiful decorated homes for Christmas in magazines and on the internet.  But can I confess something?  I like my little hodge podge Christmas tree.  We've always decorated with our ornaments from childhood and the Disney ones my mom gave us when we got married.

And as the kids are getting bigger and collecting more of their own, I love taking them out year after year and remembering the events they all symbolize.  Some of my favorites are the handpainted ones that my Grandmother would create for all us grandkids every year.  I guess that's why I started the same tradition with my own kids.

So while we're all in the holiday spirit, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you as well.

We have a friend that does glass work.
She gave this one to us a few years ago and I just love it.

This was my second or third Christmas with my husband.
See the resemblance?

Lydia made this one last year at a Christmas fair.
It's all glittery and catches the light well.
Reminds me of how simple and innocent kids really are.

I just like the meaning behind this one.
And the fact that it's Little People.

 One of my homemade ornaments from my Grandma.
So precious!

We got this one in Alaska in '07.
This is our family: bear hugs.

What about you?  Do you have special decor at Christmas?  Or is it a compilation like ours?  Show us your homes.  I love seeing how others celebrate at this time of year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails