Monday, December 6, 2010

Made by Me Monday


It's time for another Monday.  These days and weeks are flying by so fast.  I used to shake my head and laugh at my mother when she'd say those sorts of things.  Now I just shake my head because it's so true.  There are never enough hours in the day to do all the hugging and the loving and the scrapbooking and the cleaning and the crafting and the memory making with my kids.

Oh, well, such is life and one day I'll be wishing to have these days back again.  Until then, I just need to settle in, hang on, and try to enjoy the ride.

This weekend was one of those times of enjoying the ride.  Our town puts on an annual Christmas parade every year, first weekend of December.  I've been going since I moved here in '97 and my husband's been going since he started dating me.  We've only missed two years since then (we were in Sacramento '03 & '04) and the kids love it as much as we do.  It takes me days to plan all the layers we'll have to wear, the picnic dinner we take, and where to park with the kids.  But it's well worth.  The whole experience never disappoints.

Between the parade, playing with the kids, and church, I planned on having my 12 Weeks of Christmas post done to give you a preview.  Unfortunately, I spent a good chunk of my time with a sick little three year old girl.  Poor thing.  And no finished project.  Close, but not there yet.  Come back Friday and I'll have an altered clipboard for ya.

Altered clipboards are a lot of fun.  There's a variety of different ways you can create them and I'll share with you my version as well as some more ideas to get you started.

For now, let's start linking up.  Write a blog post highlighting your project with a link back here so that others can join in on the fun.  Then link up below to the blog post itself.  You can post more than one project; just add more than one link.  So let's start partying!

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails