Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas: Hand and Body Scrub


Christmas is fastly approaching.  How in the world did December sneak up on us?  I have Christmas presents to shop for, school events to attend, and a birthday party to plan.  So let's get going.  Are you feeling the pressure yet?

This week's gift idea is super easy, but so much fun.  I have never tried making my own hand and body scrub, but this is such an ultra girly idea.  And luxurious!  Wow!  This idea made me feel... fun.

I've been collecting these peanut butter jars for quite awhile, without any real reason to do so.  I knew I'd come up with something and they were perfect for this project.  I didn't do anything exciting with mine because it's just for me, but it would be so easy to dress up with a label and some pretty ribbon.  What teenage girl wouldn't love getting this with some other bath accessories?

I used the Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub here, but there are so many ideas.  Take a look at these:
4 Homemade Sugar Scrubs
Homemade Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Make your own brown sugar scrub
Homemade Body Scrub

And while you're out there saving money and considering what charity you may donate to for Advent Conspiracy, let me submit this one for you consideration:

Little Lambs Ministry

Little Lambs is an organization based in Carol Stream, Il that reaches out to the orphans of Eurasia and China and also connects them with the local churches in their area.  Little Lambs organizes summer camps each summer in these orphanages, a ministry which I was a part of for two summers and my husband was a part of for one.  In recent years, they've also started a similar ministry in Moldova.

Little Lambs runs two orphan homes in Ukraine as well.  One I was blessed to visit and the second is being run by my camp director from 2000.  These homes house 15-25 students ranging in a variety of ages.

Additionally, Little Lambs can be found working in the areas of Village Ministry, Relief Programs, and reaching out to graduates in their Graduate Program.

Their needs range frequently from peanut butter to supplies for summer camps to shoes to monetary needs for shipping.  If there is any way you can help, you can feel confident that your money will go to good you.  For more information, check out the link above.

*Linked to these Parties

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oooh, this one sounds easy and definitely a must try!

I'd love to have you link up to our Keeping Christ in CHRISTmas series. http://www.lamp-unto-my-feet.com/

jjschulz said...

Great idea! I am going to try it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails