Friday, December 31, 2010

Play it Again, Mama: Cowboy Woody Party

I love my Big 5 Year Old Boy.  Being my firstborn, there's a special bond between he and I.  At times, we know how to push each other's buttons.   And other times, we're the best of friends.  I'm learning so much from being his Mommy and I love it!

This past weekend, we threw a Cowboy Woody Party.  I have never had so much fun planning a birthday party.  For weeks, I was thinking about how much fun Noah and his friends were going to have at this party.  We sent out these fun homemade invitations with the details on back and the twine tied on the top.  I love 'em!


Goody bags were sheriff badges, temporary tattoos, and candy wrapped up in a bandana and twine.  My little Lydia has hardly taken that badge off since Saturday.  They were the hit of the party.


My mom made a bunch of Woody's from the Cricut for the party...


and put together a Happy Birthday banner...




The kids got creative and pulled out the cars before the games started.  I love seeing them play together.


I put together a bunch of clues to read with the kids to go through our games.  They all centered around Woody and going on a Wild West adventure.  The first one read:

Time to look high and time to look low
Sheriff Woody's on the go
He's got his horse and he's got his saddle
Time to chase the men who stole the cattle

But wait!  There's something more
as Sheriff Woody heads for the door
The Badge!  We have to find it
The badge is what we have to get!

Help Woody with his badge!

After that we played Pin the Badge on Woody.  We didn't even spin the poor kids and it was still a challenge.


Then we read our second clue:

Bullseye is the Sheriff's horse
He's loyal to Woody, of course
But today he's thinking of playing
And Sheriff Woody's mission is delaying

Your mission: to catch Bullseye
So throw that lasso into the sky
Catch that horse for a friend
And we'll be almost to the end!

Time to catch Bullseye!


And we tossed rings (hula hoops) around the rocking horse.


Finally we got to our last clue that said:

Partners and friends in the Wild Wild West
These are the friends that we like the best
Woody says, "There's a snake in my boot"
And this game's gonna be a hoot

Don't look low, just look high
Hit it hard and candy will fly
Take a turn and don't hit a friend
Our Woody adventure is coming to an end

Break that Pinata!

And made our way to the front yard where we smashed a pinata.

 It was so much fun to watch the kids run around and check out each others bags.  They each wanted to make sure they got some candy and even helped out the younger kids.

After that, we had cake, curtousey of Grandma.  A Cowboy cake and a horse.


The kids loved singing as always.


And helping to open the presents.


All in all, we had a fantastic time, filled with memories and worth all the time put into it.

For more Cowboy party resources, check out:

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun party.. You did an amazing job.. Thanks for sharing this.. THanks for all of your kind words the other day on my blog.. I hope you have a great New Year..

Related Posts with Thumbnails