Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homemade Christmas #5: Glittered Ornament

I never realized how much of a "bling" girl I was until very recently. Although often found in jeans and a t-shirt, I love my jewelry. It's just that unique little touch that makes outfit "you". And somehow it's not stopping there. I'm into this glitter thing, too. How 80's is that?
A couple of weeks ago, I tackled making Christmas ornaments for my kids. I love the tradition of giving my children a new ornament every year as they grow up. For me, one of the highlights of every Christmas is taking out my own memory ornaments and reliving their Christmases as I put them on the tree. So these were the ornaments I made my kids, little cups of cocoa to commemorate the hot cocoa dates we go on.



And now back to the "bling." This was a very fun little project. I had a "candy" ornament that I painted in pretty girlie colors and then smeared with glitter glue from the Dollar Tree. Quick, easy, and very "blingy." With a fun message on the back and the year and sealed with acrylic sealer (easy to find at Wal-mart).



So just wanted to pass on this fun project. These ceramic ornaments are easy to find at Jo-ann's or any craft store. Just pick up a few colors and some glitter, and get started. What girlfriend wouldn't be proud to add this to her tree!

Submitted to the Monthly Craft Challenge @ Blue Eyed Blessings.

4 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

You can't go wrong with glitter!! Great job with the ornament and I love the idea of giving your kids an ornament each year. So precious! Thanks for joining the craft challenge this month!

Anonymous said...

Love this! So creative and easy to do! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Kelli W said...

Those are some SUPER cute ornaments! And I was just saying last night...that if you are going to use glitter, now is the time for it:)

Jamie said...

Those are cute ornaments! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails