Tuesday, December 14, 2010

52 First Dates: Week Twenty-Seven

Remember how last week's date I said, "Don't forget to take pictures"?  Guess who forgot to take pictures?

I finally get an evening out with my hubby and I forget to take pictures.  Now in all fairness we did go to a family Christmas party for his work, and I DID take pictures of the kids.  But pictures of us dressed up?  Didn't even cross my mind.  Oh, well.

As I said we went to a work party and we did take the kids, but they were so well-behaved.  It almost like have a real grown up date.  We sat at a table with two of my husband's co-workers and their wives.  There were a few games set up for the tables to play together and then we had dinner.  The food was so yummy; better than anything I would have had on the menu that night.

Afterwards there was dancing and dessert.  Hubby and I didn't dance, but it was nice to sit back and laugh at the kids trying to dance the night away.  It was also fun to be able to go out with some of the guys that my husband works with.  Working in the environment that they're in, they get to know each other pretty well.  And for me, it's fun to see how he interacts with them.  All in all, we just had a good time and it was nice to get out with others.

Are you ready for this week's challenge?

Let's have a cookie taste off.  Come on, you know you're already baking this time of year.  And you're probably already eating them too.  (Remember the ice cream taste off we did over the summer?)

This week, why not make a batch of your favorite Christmas cookies and his favorite Christmas cookies.  I know for my husband and I, we each have our own favorites from growing up.  Then have an evening of fun reminiscing about Christmas when you were growing up.

Share some thoughts on what traditions you like, those you don't, and those you'd just rather throw out the window.  Is there a new tradition you want to start for your family?  Any old holiday blooper stories you haven't shared yet?

Check in and let us know how it's going.  What are you learning about your spouse?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails