Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting to Know You

... getting to know all about you...

Do I have that song stuck in your head yet?  I love that one.  The King and I is one of my favorites and the kids and I have been watching a cartoon version this week.  Very fun!


Found a fun Meme to play along with this morning at:

Care to join me?

What was the first car you drove?
I learned to drive on my Grandma's '91 Toyota Corolla.  That car has a lot of memories and has lasted forever.  In fact it became mine in '97 and we just sold it this past Christmas.  Still going strong!

Who is your favorite author?
Oh, love them all.  John Grisham, Philip Yancey, Nicholas Sparks, ... I love reading.  My Book List this year has been out of control.

Do you collect anything?  If so, what?
Do craft supplies count?  Pictures?  

What is your favorite vacation destination?
Well, we love Disneyland.  But we also love our annual trip to the beach.  The kids love the ocean.

What's your favorite season?  What do you like about it?
I used to say summer.  And I still love my summers.  But fall has become my favorite season.  It's getting back to the comfort foods, good books, and snuggling by the fire.  It's pumpkin season, warm sweaters, and changing leaves.  It's cooler nights on the back patio, new school pencils, and new friends. 

What song could you listen to over and over again and never tire of it?
Oh, most country songs.  I love my  country music.  Most Hillsong music.  I love How Great Is Our God.  Old school, but so powerful.  Especially with my two year old singing it next to me.

What fast food restaurant is your favorite?
We love In and Out.  Or as my kids fondly refer to it: The Yellow Arrow!

Is there any one thing in life that you still long to do?
Grow our family 
Travel
See women use their story for God's glory

What makes you sad?
Bad Mommy Days... the ones where there's too much fighting and not enough hugging

When you look back over your life so far, what one perfect day stands out in your mind?
The days that both of my kids were born.  I've seen life in a whole new way ever since.

Who is your favorite person to be with?
Besides family... love spending time with old college friends.

Do you keep or tell secrets?
I'm a secret keeper.  Very mysterious and super trustworthy.  Loyal to the core.

What kind of music do you listen to the most?
Christian and Country... sometimes conflicting, but true loves.

Eggs and bacon or french toast and waffles?
Bacon, hashbrowns, and biscuits and gravy... hold the eggs.

If you had one idea to share with the world, what would it be?
Use your story for God.  Your circumstances are not by change and not without purpose.  He can take evil and turn it for his good.  

Wanna play?
Let me know if you answer,
so I can get to know you better too.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for playing along. I love to read these because I feel I get to know the person a little bit better. Thanks..

Related Posts with Thumbnails