Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas: I Spy Bag


Have you seen the I Spy stuff that's floating all over these days?  Maybe I'm just late to the game since my oldest just turned 5.  But he loves all things mind puzzles and memory.  Particularly he loves I Spy books.  With each double set of pages, there's a new list of items to be sought out and identified in the picture.  Over and over again, he pours through these books and the puzzle that he has as well.  It's become quite a challenge to spot the hidden items before him.

The I Spy bag works on the same concept.  There's a list of items to be found in the bag and the challenger must search them out.  It's a super simple, super easy gift that can challenge a variety of ages, depending on the items you place inside.  Plus it's a fun interactive game that will see hours of play.


Here's how to get started:

You'll need:
*A large rectangle or square of material
*Heavy plastic from the material store or a double layer ziploc bag
*Thread
*Rice
*Small objects to find
*Attached list of objects

Cut a square out of the center of your material for the window.  Double your plastic bag and sew into the window.  Double stitch in the corners.  Stitch your bag up three sizes to make a pouch.  Fill your bag 1/2 to 2/3 full of rice and objects.  Finish stitching the top edge of your bag.  You can also laminate and attach the list of object to find.  By laminating your child can cross each one off as it's found and erase it when he's done.

*For more detailed instructions, you can check out:
I Spy Bags
Valentine I Spy Bag
How to Make an I Spy Bag

I can't wait for Noah to open this one.  I know he's going to love it.  And since it's portable for long car rides, I love it too.

How is your creative side going these days?

*Linked to these parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails