Monday, June 7, 2010

Made by Me Monday


How's everyone doing?  Did you have a good weekend?  We did.  Seemed to pass all too quickly.  I know I'm getting old when I start saying things like that.  "Where do the days go?...  The days pass so quickly... I remember you when you were just 'this' big."  

Noah's only in preschool, but still the thought of summer break is there for me.  So we stayed at small group extra late on Thursday.  The kids slept in on Friday and Saturday and even took extra good naps on Friday.  That was an extra blessing for me and a wonderful way to start out the summer.  Friday was a fun willed day of swimming in the indoor pool and playing board games after dinner.  

Saturday was fun.  Hubby needed a few hours to work on some church admin so I took the kids and wen to the YMCA for a good run.  I'm loving this running program I'm on though Prevention magazine. However it does require a run on Saturdays.  After that we came home and bummed around the house.  I got the chance to go to a beautiful baby shower for a wonderful college roommate.  My sweet college roommate is welcoming her second child this morning.  I really enjoyed having a few hours away to laugh with the girls and enjoy some delicious food... sitting down.

Sunday was uneventful.  Church, lunch, and staff meeting... Probably why the day went to quickly, since I wasn't very productive.

I did do a little organizing this weekend and wanted to show you what we call "Pool Central."  When we moved into this house, we found this wire shelf mounted in the garage near the washing machine.   What to do?  What to do?  Today it holds all of our swimming and pool supplies.  The towels are rolled and stacked on top while the kids' life jackets and our pool bag hangs off the side.  In the bag we have our suits, extra shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen, extra diaper and swim diaper, extra wipes, leave in conditioner and hair ties, and anything else I can think to throw in.   When we get home form the pool, I hang the suits and towels up to dry, but they always go back to this shelf by night fall.  As the kids are getting bigger, I'm needing to add an extra bag, but there's hooks on the other end as well.  This definitely makes getting out of the house so much easier.

So now it's your turn.  What have you been up to this week?  Some yummy recipe to share with us?  A new project you've been working on?  A great creative tip?  

Let's start sharing!  Write a blog post highlighting your project with a link back to this post so that others can join in on the fun.  Then link up below to the individual blog post itself, not your blog as a whole.  You can post more than one project; just add more than one link.  And don't forget to invite your readers to join in as well!

Oh, and don't forget to check it out... I may be Searching for You.
*Linked to these parties

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish we had a place like that to keep all our pool stuff.

Amy said...

Wow what a great place to keep your stuff.

I say go with the color if you like it.. My hair is brown and my hair dresser adds some color to make it look wonderful..

Have a great day..

I am hosting my Round Robin on Friday if you want to stop by..

Related Posts with Thumbnails