Monday, June 14, 2010

Made by Me Monday... and a little bloggy business

How was everyone's weekend?  Did the summer sun finally find your area?  Or did you suffer though some heat?

Our weekend started out crazy with Dave and I coming down with the flu on Friday.  Needless to say, the kids took it for all it was worth and there was no end to the movies and popsicles in my house that day.  Luckily we were both feeling much better come Saturday and got a few small projects done.  We replaced a few valves on the sprinkler system, transplanted a hydrangea that wasn't doing well, and finally picked out paint for the bathroom (I'm so ready to have that project done).  I was even able to get some scrapbooking done Saturday night after the kids went to bed.

All in all, we didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, but considering we had the flu, I was afraid the rest of the weekend was going to be a wash.  Which reminds me, how do you handle having little kids when you're both sick?  I need some advice.  Do you just chalk it up as life and let things slide?  Or do you have a back-up plan?  What do you think?

For a little bloggy business, I'm starting a new link party on Fridays that will run for the next ten weeks.  I've signed up for a free class through Big Picture Scrapbooking.  This one is called 10 Summer Photos to Take Right NOW.  Well, I always do better if I have some accountability so I thought it might be fun if we did it together.  There's 10 photos so I'm going to make it 10 weeks, one photo a week.  We'll take our photos and then highlight them in a post.  You can add some journaling if you'd like, or not.  Completely up to you.  I'll have the link up for the first one starting this Friday.  You can sign up for the class through Big Picture Scrapbooking (for more details) or if not, the first assignment is to: Photograph your favorite summer accessory.  My mind's been churning over what I want to photograph and I'm hoping you'll join me as well.

So finally on to Made by Me Monday.  This is what I've been working on lately.  It's a set that will use all six sides, but for now I'll just show you the one I've completed.


Like I said, this is just the beginning of the project and I'll end up using every surface.  So come back on Thursday and I'll talk you through how to get started.

So now it's your turn.  What have you been up to this week?  Some yummy recipe to share with us?  A new project you've been working on?  A great creative tip?

Let's start sharing.  Write a blog post highlighting your project with a link back to this post so that others can join in on the fun.  Then link up below to the individual blog post itself, not your blog as a whole.  You can post more than one project; just add more than one link.  And don't forget to invite your readers to join in as well!

* Linked to these Parties.
  

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the Summer.. I want to make one too. Thanks for sharing this idea..

Megan said...

New follower from Tag Along Tuesday! :) Love your blog and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

http://coffeypartyof3.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails