Monday, June 7, 2010

Crockpot Chocolate Cake

Summer's here and I'm always on the look out for quick, easy ways to put dinner together without turning the stove on.  It just gets too hot.  But what about dessert?

Well, for Mother's day, we had both my mom and grandma in town as well as my in-laws.  It was a full house, but the kids loved it.  For dinner that Saturday, we had a full on BBQ with all the fixin's, including this dessert.  Unfortunately, I only took one picture which turned out horrible, but we all raved about this cake.  It's super moist and very chocolatey.  And a great way to end our meal without heating up the house.


Ingredients:

1 Package Chocolate Cake mix
1 Package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 Cup chocolate morsels (semisweet)
1 8 ounce container of sour cream
3/4 Cup vegetable oil (I used Canola)
1 cup water
4 eggs

Directions: 

Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray (I used Canola Oil spray).
Mix cake mix, sour cream, chocolate morsels, water, egss, oil
and pudding mix in a bowl by hand. 
Be sure to mix well, but no need to use electric beater.
Pour into Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. I recommend cooking on the low setting if time permits. 
Scoop it out of the pot then top with ice cream or whipped topping (we used whipped topping then added a couple of drops of red food coloring to make Pink whipped topping!)


What are some of your favorite warm weather recipes?

*Linked to these Parties.

4 comments:

Homemade Heather said...

I've seen recipes like this before, now I'm going to have to try one!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I'm all about the crock pot or cold dishes in the summer. Too hot in AZ! I have never tried a cake in there though. Will have to give it a shot! Thanks!

mle said...

what a great idea! a little heat from the crock instead of the oven sounds perfect : )

Unknown said...

I am craving chocolate now!! I have never heard of making a cake in the crockpot. I am bookmarking this and giving it a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails