Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Healthified" Pumpkin Bread

Oh, things are hectic around here this summer.  (I know. I know.  I only have two kids, but still...)  We've been flying around from swim lessons to the pool to starting a new home group.  And I'm feeling like I'm getting into a groove, but still... it's taking some time.

So I'm taking a little time this afternoon and relaxing with the kids a little.  Trying to turn off my brain from the 100 mph it seems like it's been going lately.

A few days ago, I opened a can of pumpkin to make my favorite treat: A Pumpkin Spice Latte (oh, I love 'em).  But since I've all but given up coffee, it's just been sitting in the refrigerator.  I'm afraid it will go bad if I don't do something with it soon.

So I'm making some "Healthified" Pumpkin Bread this afternoon.  Not quite the right season, but yummy anyways.  Relaxing, playing in the water, and baking... just what the doctor ordered?

What do you do to relax?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds so yummy to me.. I like to take a hot bath and read a great book... Enjoy your day..

Kristin said...

Crafting and baking are my sanity savers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails