Tuesday, June 8, 2010

52 First Dates.. Are you up for the Challenge?

Have you ever had those moments where you're sitting on the couch and you look over and think, "Who in the world is sitting next to me and why doesn't he change those stinky socks?"  He looks vaguely familiar.  He seems quite comfortable in your house.  In fact, he even offered to help put the kids to bed tonight.  They seem very comfortable with him, he knows where you hid the good chocolate (at least he thinks he does),  and he was even bold enough to answer your home phone.  But who is he?

Then it hits you.  You know that ring on your left hand?  Oh, yeah, he put it there!  That man, that one on the end of the couch, the one with the stinky socks... he's your husband.

Wow!  When did that happen?  There's some vague recollections of good memories today... the wedding, the births of your children, perhaps he made you dinner this past Mother's Day... but really?  WHO IS HE?

The truth is I have those days.  Those days where I wonder where in the world we've gone.  And how in the world we keep this marriage on the right track.

So I was thinking lately how fun would it be to embark on a challenge of 52 First Dates.  You know, kind of like the Adam Sandler movie, but where you actually remember what a great time you had.  Fifty-two little things you can do to improve your marriage this year.  And what a great thing it would be to finish off the year and realize that your marriage has actually improved rather than just survived?

And even better what if I could take you on this journey with me?  Well, you can (as if you had a choice).  Starting next Wednesday we're going to embark on a journey of improving our marriages, one step at a time.  Each Wednesday, I'm going to post an idea that I'm thinking about: something small, something big, something to talk about with your spouse, a special date idea... whatever.  And I'm going to challenge you to find a way to spend that time with your spouse.  Take some time and invest in your marriage.

There will also be a special Facebook page set up where we can meet together and encourage each other.  It will be a place where we can positively exchange the triumphs and the challenges of these 52 First Dates.  One year of steadily working on our marriages.  So will you take the challenge?

4 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

What an awesome idea! I'm game for completing it right along with you. Too often with children our marraiges get pushed to the beack burner when in fact we wouldn't be able to parent the children we have without the support of our partner. Thanks for doing this! I look forward to it!!

Kristin said...

What a great idea. I need to see if I can find a way to make it work for us because my hubby's work schedule has been so crazy.

Laurie in SC said...

Great information and inspiration! Thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to come see me - I'm giving away 3 super glam Sam Moon cuff bracelets here:
http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/p/domestic-detective-wants-to-cuff-ya.html
♥Laurie
PS I'm a new follower!

Amy said...

that sounds like a fun challenge.. Look for me on FB. I do not have you as a friend. Have an amazing day. Tomorrow is Round Robin..

Related Posts with Thumbnails