Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yes, your children will eat fish.. and so will you! Part Eight

At the beginning of the year, I posted my 40 things before 40 list, which included an item for completing Amy's Notebook ideas.  My goal has been 40 items, but really this is just the first one I've been able to get done.  Still she always bookmarks such interesting recipes,  We had to try this one.

If you're looking for a new fish recipe, this is it.  It's quick and flavorful.  So quick in fact that would make for a great weekday dinner.  Partner it with a pretty green salad or some steamed broccoli and ... instant dinner.



Garlic Lime Tilapia
(from Eat at Home Cooks)


3 Tbsp butter
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
6 Tilapia fillets
Old Bay seasoning (I subbed celery seed, salt, lemon pepper, and paprika)
1/4 c. lime juice

Melt butter in large skillet and saute garlic.

Season the fish with the rub.  Add fish to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 min.  Flip and cook the other side.  Add lime juice and cove to finish cooking.

We cooked 4 fillets and it fed my husband and I and the two kids.

We did like it.  It's tame, flavorful, and yummy.  But if we had our choice, we'd defer to Parmesean Encrusted Tilapia or Blackened Fish.  It's not that this is bad, just milder than we generally eat.  So try it. It's yummy and may fit right into your family's diet.

1 comment:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! I'm always looking for new ways to jazz up fish for my husband--thanks for the great tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails