Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yes, your children will eat fish.. and so will you! Part Seven

Warm Mango Salsa on Grilled Tilapia

4 Tilapia fillets
Nonstick cooking spray
Salt and Pepper
1 med red onion, diced
1 can green chilies (can sub jalapeno, diced)
2 med tomatoes, diced
1 large mango, peeled, seeded, diced
2 limes
Chopped cilantro

Heat saute pan and spray with cooking spray.  Cook tilapia through, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook about 4 min on each side.

Meanwhile saute red onion until translucent.  Add tomato, mango, peppers and season with salt and pepper.  Cook through until tender.

Add lime juice, and cilantro to taste.  Serve over fish.  Add avocado and mango sliced if desired.



We paired this beautiful fish with a green salad and some fresh peas.  It was a light and tasty dinner, perfect for this hot weather.

My two year old ate it up.  She loved it.  The four year old heard the word "fish" and refused to try it.  Finally after a little coaxing, he gave in and tasted it.  I could see the relief on his face as it actually tasted good.  However, being the child of strong will that he is, he took one bite, and a couple behind me back, before proclaiming that he had indeed tried it and didn't like it.  Oh, well.  Maybe some day he'll admit that it wasn't half bad.  I'm not holding my breath.

How have you been getting seafood into your family's diet lately?

5 comments:

Kim said...

The salsa looks wonderful!

I try not to use the word "fish" around my kids, because like your son, they think they don't like fish and won't even try it. I have a few recipes, though, that they love. I bake halibut with a sour cream sauce and I make salmon patties with creamed peas. They can't get enough of tuna melt sandwiches.

Amy said...

that does look yummy..

Jacqueline said...

Oh, I love mango salsa. The kids really loved it huh? That is fabulous. I did a post about 2 weeks ago making fish and shrimp tacos with mango salsa. We didn't put the mango on the fish though. The skeptical kids even liked the fish tacos, but it was cut up really small. I wish they wouldn't be so afraid.

Anonymous said...

I love cilantro and mango salsa. This looks wonderful!

Amy said...

I am so happy to see this up also.. Yeah..

Related Posts with Thumbnails