Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Savoring: Playing in the Rain

Photobucket
Savoring the Rain


The seasons are changing here.  Our wether is still unpredictable.  I was crossing my fingers all last week that it wouldn't rain on the day of Noah's party.  I think I checked the weather 3-4 times a day.  And still for the first four days of the week, it poured!

Seasons of motherhood can be the same.  When I was a new mom, I was very controlling on scheduling.  It didn't take long to realize that life was going to do all it could to mess with my schedule.  And some days I was just going to have to bend.  And although I still firmly believe in having a schedule, it was that season of life that reminded me how important flexibility is in motherhood.

So when life hands you rain, how do you choose to be flexible?  This week we embraced the fickleness of the season and laughed our way through it.  The kids were sick of being cooped up in the house and I was sick of hearing, "Is dinner ready yet?"  So we put some warm clothes on them and sent them out to play in the rain.  I cracked the window in the kitchen and listened to them jumping on the trampoline, dodging raindrops.  Hearing them laugh, seeing their smiles, and knowing that these are the memories I want my children to have.  The day that Mommy lost her mind and let them jump in the rain.

What memories will be create with our children today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails