Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days of Savoring: Glitter Pumpkins

Photobucket

These little cuties are all over the place.  Such a glam way to bring the season indoors.  I only have one on my mantel so far, but I'm anxious to add several others in various sizes.  Plus they're so easy to make. I accomplished mine in only a half hour, plus I had the "help" of a 6 and 3 year old.  Hope you like it!


Here's what you need:
Carvable pumpkin (Dollar Tree)
Mod Podge
Glitter (Dollar Tree)
Hairspray 
Newspaper

So ridiculously simple.  Slather your pumpkin with an even layer of Mod Podge and start sprinkling the glitter.  I didn't glitter the bottom, but to each his own.  You can always go back and add more Mod Podge and glitter.  However, I like a little orange showing through.  Seal it with a layer of hairspray.


How easy is that?  And my favorite part is having it sit near a lite candle.  Just a fun, frugal way to celebrate the season.

1 comment:

Amy said...

how pretty and fun.. I did that with tissue paper one year.. THanks for linking up..

Related Posts with Thumbnails