Monday, October 24, 2011

31 Days of Savoring: Monday Muddle

Photobucket
It's Monday!  And from where I sit, the weekend went by much too fast.  I'm still wrapping my mind around all that we did this weekend and fighting off a head cold.  Friday night we had two of the kids' friends over.  I had to work at a school fundraiser, so my husband was home with them earlier in the evening.  Then when I got back, we made popcorn and had family movie night.  The two older boys slept in the living room, staying up late and telling secrets.  It always amazes me who they can easily outlast my husband and I.

We headed out to the pumpkin patch on Saturday with my mom and grandma.  Bounce house, face painting, petting zoo, and treats where on order.  My kids are so funny.  They were dying to get into the petting zoo, but once we got there, they froze.  I mean, walked through the gate and literally didn't move.  Hilarious!  We had to coax them to even go near a sleeping pig.  After that we picked up a pumpkin to make pie (since we already have 4 carving pumpkins) and had some In 'N' Out.  

Noah attended a birthday party and sleep over that night.  I couldn't relax the whole time he was gone.  Although we completely trust the family he was with, I kept thinking about what could go wrong and hoping I wouldn't get a call in the middle of the night to come pick him up.  Isn't that just hope a mother's mind works?  Always need a break, but when you get one, you can't stop worrying about your kids.

Anyways... here's our menu for the week:
Dinners:
Monday: Crockpot Stroganoff
Tuesday: DATE NIGHT!
Wednesday: Veggie Sammies
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Pasta e Fagoili
Saturday: ???
Sunday: Dinner out!

Projects I'm working on this week:
Canning apples
Finishing June photos
Pumpkin cookie dough for the freezer

Posts coming up this week:
Savoring time with the kids
Savoring your marriage
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

and more...

Also this week... a LINK-UP!

Come back Saturday to link up your favorite fall recipe! What do you SAVOR this time of year???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails