Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Savoring: Introduction

Photobucket

You may have notice yesterdays post had an interesting title... 31 Days of Savoring.  Traditionally October has been a month where bloggers pick a topic and post on that topic for the entire month.  Yes, 31 Days of posting.  The more I mulled over the idea, the more it intrigued me.  Could I really find something to write about for 31 Days?

So I started thinking... why is that I love fall? When I was a kid, summer was the greatest season of the year.  What's not to love about the summer?  Mornings to sleep in, late nights to say up, swimming, camp outs, no homework, endless days of possibility.

As I've gotten older, however, I find myself enjoying the turning days of autumn.  The changing leaves, the crisp mornings and cool evenings, nights spend round a bonfire, and the warm flavors of pumpkin pie.  It's a season for slowing down, taking it all in, and learning to breath again.  It's a season of Savoring.

Looking at the topics this month, there's still a lot of what Creative2xmom is known for: recipes, parenting ideas, and weekly menus.  But it's more than that.  This month is all about Savoring the moments, enjoying this season of life, and remembering that each day is a gift.  My prayer is that for the next 31 Days of Savoring our eyes will be opened to the blessings around us and we will take time to soak in the gift we've been given.

Will you join me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails