Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ode to Disneyland

Disneyland, how I love thee.  Let me count the ways!

I've been a true Disneyland fan from a young age.  Growing up I had family that lived in Southern California.  We visited them every couple of years and often included a Disneyland adventure in our travels.

Disney has a way of enveloping you from the moment you walk through those gates.  Immediately you are transported into the WORLD OF DISNEY.  If there's anything they do well, it's creating atmosphere.  So well that you almost forget that you're supposed to be the adult in the situation.

Our most recent trip to Disney was just a few weeks ago.  And for someone who's been there several times, this trip was liking going again for THE FIRST TIME.  While we were there, we had a great time exploring the park with Great-Grandma, Grandma, and lots of cousins.  These are just a few of the highlights:

Lydia and I happily skipping Space Mountain

Everyone waiting for the Matterhorn--Mommy's favorite

Seeing Small World decorated for Christmas

Loving our kids

Eating popcorn

Goofy's Kitchen

Dancing with Minnie Mouse

Noah pulling out his tooth

Spending time with Grandma and Great-Grandma

Spending time with cousins

Meeting Chip and Dale

Making new friends

I'll be posting some tips and tricks of Disney next week, but for now I just to let you know how much fun we had.  If you ever have the chance to take your kids to Disneyland, do it!  If you think driving 10 hours in a van load of 12 people will drive you crazy, do it!  If you have a chance to be a kid again, do it!  It's magic!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Amanda sent me. ;-)

Your blog is my favorite kind. Love that you share your talents, your family, and your love for the Lord! I appreciate the variety. It's like Forrest's box of chocolates: "you never know what you're going to get".

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Lee! I've never been to Disneyland, but I am a huge Disneyworld fan. :) We haven't been able to take our girls yet, but I am hoping to someday!! It looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my little "Bliss-at-Home" project. :)

Lisa said...

Looks like so much fun! It's been years since I've been there and I can't wait to go back with a child! Happiest place on earth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails