Saturday, January 29, 2011

Easy Valentine's Project

Earlier in the week, I promised you an easy, quick affordable project.  So I sat down and put together these super easy glitter candles.  You may have seen them around, but weren't quite ready to try them yourself.  Let me reassure you.  They are really easy and will cost you little to nothing.  So let's get started.
You will need:
Mod Podge
Epsom salts
Votive candles
Glitter and any extra embellishments

1. Start by brushing a generous coat of Mod Podge on your candle.

2. Sprinkle a layer of Epsom salts into a paper plate or shallow bowl.  Add glitter if desired.

3. Roll candle in salts until evenly coated.  Allow to try.

4. Add additional embellishments if desired.

See... I told you they were easy.  And with 3/$1 votive candles, very affordable.  I added gold glitter to some of my candles, but found that I really loved the plain ones.  Plus I used both red and white and both came out beautifully.  Imagine how beautiful these would be for a winter dinner in white and silver.


What's been your favorite quick and easy project lately?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These were great for Christmas - NEVER thought of using the same technique for Valentine's Day! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...I love this! I'm so glad that I stopped by from WFMW. Thanks so much. :)

Blessings,
Sue
The Homeschool Chick

Amy said...

Great craft. We made our heart for Valentine's Day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails