Monday, January 10, 2011

Minnie Mouse in the House!

My sweet little Lydia became my Christmas present three years ago.  She's sweet, sassy, and always fashionable.  So when it came to planning her birthday this year, the answer was obvious: Minnie Mouse!

The problem came when trying to find Minnie Mouse party supplies in red and black.  Our traditional little Minnie Mouse has had a fashion makeover and everywhere I look, Minnie was dressed in pink and purple.  As much as my little girl is girlie in her pink, we really wanted to go for a traditional Minnie Mouse party.

Ultimately the planning of this party came down to a lot of DIY.  But it was oh, so much fun.  Love my babies, and love throwing these parties for them.  Hope it supplies you with some ideas for your next party!

My mom created this Minnie cake from a little girl mouse cake made by Wilton's.  One of my favorite parts with the ruffled dress made of fondant.  Oh yeah!  And the sparkly shoes.

I went a little sugar happy with the snacks.  Marshmallows covered in chocolate and sprinkles and pretzels dipped in melted chocolate.  Doesn't exactly scream healthy.  But of course, the obligatory veggie tray.  Funny thing: the girls were going straight for the cherry tomatoes and the adults were hooked on the marshmallows.  Ooops!
I'm hooked on these birthday banners.  They are so much fun to make and easily customizable.  Add some red, black, and white streamers and balloons... instant party!
Party games ended up being entertainment for the rest of us.  We started with a quick game of Minnie Freeze Dance.  Turned on some Christmas Disney music and did more dancing than freezing.  While they danced, we laughed.


After burning some energy dancing, we played Pin the Bow on Minnie.  No blindfold, but with three year old, it was still fun.  Hilarious!  They just kept playing over... and over... and over again.
Even big brother had to get involved, going backwards 'cause of course "he's five."  
Party picture with her friends and then...
Opening presents and...
Playing princess dress-up!  Oh, yeah!  And a prince too!
Thanks for coming to Lydia's party.  Hope you enjoyed yourself and gathered a few ideas.  

Later this month, I'll show you the awesome candied apple Minnie Mouse's we made.  They were gorgeous. 

For more inspiring Minnie Mouse parties, check out:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post for the kids birthday party.

dancilhoney said...

My daughter’s 3rd birthday is in June so I should def have plenty of time to get all of this done. Minnie Mouse Party Supplies

*Kelly* said...

My daughter says the "Minnie" cake is super cool!!!

Banners are really popular now. I'll have to remember that for this years parties.

Sue said...

The cake is so cute! I love the ruffled skirt too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails