Welcome to "Makin' Some Goals 2011." For the past two years, as January has rolled around, I've posted nutritional goals for our family. I've found this to be a great way of keeping myself accountable as I would refer to the list often through the year. It's great.
For me, writing things down makes them more concrete. I love to write and making goals just keeps me accountable. Notice I said "goals," not "resolutions." Goals are long term. They aren't made and broken in one day. They become lifelong habits, not stumbling blocks.
So that's why we're making goals. Life changing, do-able, broken into steps goals. I'll be posting later today, but for those of you who are ready to get started, here's the link up information.
If you would like to be involved, post your 2011 Goals on your blog, including a link back to my blog and a link to the Carnival post. Focus should be on how you plan to improve you nutritional intake in the next year.
Please feel free to spread the word about the carnival.
Tips for Making Goals
1. Make your goals achievable. Start with something small that you can change this month, then another for next month. Don't write down goals that are so daunting you don't even attempt them.
2. Make goals that you are willing to commit to. If you have no interest in sprouting seeds, leave that for another time. This is not the time to make goals simply to impress other bloggers.
3. Develop a loose timeline for achieving some or all of your goals. Do you want to achieve one a month or just incorporate all within the first 6 months?
4. Share these goals with others. Here's where the accountability of blogging comes in. You're sharing with all of us the changes that you are purpousing to make in your life. Additionally share with someone in your real life. Ask them to keep you accountable as well.
5. Understand that these goals are a work in progress. Habits are not changed overnight. These goals are meant to be working goals, working toward a better you in 2011.
You ready to get started???