Monday, May 28, 2012

Do-It-Yourself: Yogurt



At the beginning of the year, I set 12 DIY Project goals for 2012.  May's challenge was to create my own yogurt.  And as I was searching the web, I found a variety of ways to accomplish this goal.  So I searched and searched till I found, what appeared to me, to be the simplest way possible.  I'll post more ideas for you, but this Crockpot version was the one I finally went with.

It turned out YUMMY!  My husband has been eating Greek yogurt for at least 8 months and I couldn't keep him out of this homemade yogurt.  It's thinner than Greek, but it could easily be strained to a thicker texture.  This recipe was so easy; I have a second batch ripening right now.  

Now that I realize how cheap and easy homemade nutritious yogurt is, I don't think I'll be turning back.  Are you up for the challenge?

Other homemade yogurt versions:

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails