Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sourdough Starter Series: Day Six

It's Day Six!
Are you counting down the days yet?
So close.


Today there was hardly any liquid on the top of my starter.
Amazing!
If you'll remember, I cut the liquid yesterday to 1/3 c.
So my dough is thickening.


It was still frothy on the top with lots of bubbles working.

I poured my starter into a clean bowl and added:
1 c. flour
and 1/3 c. water.


I'm hoping from this picture you can see the consistency that's developing.

Remember you can add as much liquid as you'd like (up to 1 c)
to change the "sourness."

Thin=more sour
Thick=milder


And that's it!

Cover with cheesecloth and return to your warm spot.

Happy Fermenting!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I have never made sourdough bread before! It sounds like a lot of effort! Wow!
Dropping by from VWB. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails