Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sourdough Starter Series: Day Two

Here's what my starter looks like after 24 hours:


I was actually a little worried thinking it should have been separated more.
Several tutorials I've seen show more separation.
I WAS worried until...


Until I saw this.
There's the froathy sourdough I was looking for.
So it is working!  Yeah!


So here's what you do today:
Start by pouring off the liquid on the top.
I had very little, but you could have a couple of Tbsp.

Pour your starter into a clean jar.
And mix in 1 c. flour and 1 c. water.

Mix well to a smooth consistency.

Replace your cheesecloth and rubberband,
and return jar to a warm spot.

And that's pretty much it.
We'll be repeating the same process for several days.

You may or may not see a huge difference over the next several days,
but I'm sure it's working.

For tomorrow you'll need:
A Clean Glass Jar
(Mine's getting full, so I may need a bowl soon)
Flour and Water

Did you notice a change in your Sourdough Starter today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails