Sunday, June 12, 2011

Made by Me Monday

Hey everyone,
  How was your weekend?  Has summer arrived in your part of the country?
  We had a full weekend with Grandma and Great-Grandma visiting us.  I pulled out some of the recipes I've been bookmarking and we tested them for you.  Including the Good Morning Blueberry Cake I posted a couple of weeks ago.  It was incredible.  So if you plan on having guests at all this summer, copy this one down.  You'll look like a star!
  The kids and I also sat down and make a Summer Activities List to make sure we schedule in time for all the things they want to do.  Some of the things Mommy guided (like swim lessons and library reading), Noah picked out a few (kicking the ball and riding bikes), while Lydia had her own ideas with watching Tangled and dancing.  It was fun and really reminded me how they each have their own likes and dislikes.  I'll post a shorter version later this week.
  I also put the finishing touches of these Felt Flower Pins.  I was skeptical at first, but they came out pretty cute.  I'll post a tutorial for these later this week as well.

 
Here's what else is going on in our world:

Our menu this week:
Monday: Taco Salad
Tuesday: Sloppy Joe's, green salad
Wednesday: Easy Pad Thai
Thursday: Orzo with shrimp and veggies
Friday: Blackened Fish, steamed broccoli
Saturday: Date night!
Sunday: Father's Day dinner

Projects I'm tackling this week:
Journaling in Disney album
Flip-flop project
Scrapbook Dec and Jan

Posts coming up this week:
The Hair Brush
Our first book club post: Practicing Hospitality
A flower pin tutorial
2011 Photo Challenge-- Wk 2


Should we get started partying?  Write a blog post highlighting your project with a link back here so that others can join in on the fun.  Then link up below to the blog post itself.  You can post more than one project; just add more than one link.  So let's get started!
*Linked to these Parties
*Linked to Menu Monday

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails