Thursday, June 16, 2011

2011 Summer Photo Challenge: Gardens

Show Us Your Garden
 Love my roses

 In the strawberry patch

Backyard flowers

Cucumber starters

I love having a summer garden.  I love digging in the dirt, planting a seed and watching that seed grow into a living plant.  I love it.  Love watering and waiting... and producing healthy nutritious food to serve my family.  Love growing roses for our table and walking into a beautiful backyard.  

But the truth is ... I have a black thumb.  We moved into this beautiful home two years ago and I dreaded what I might do to our backyard.  Would it all die?

Still here we are, that same two years later, and it's not dead.  The roses don't get pruned as much as they should and truthfully this is the first year my tomato plants have survived.  But they have.  And I'm learning.  I think this year we've finally found the right spot for the tomatoes and cucumbers.  And we're expanding the strawberry patch.  It's been a lot of fun.

So here it is.  What about your garden?  Did you take pictures this week?  Join us as we chronicle our lives this summer and document what makes each of us special.  Link up to a specific post below and don't forget to invite others to join us.  The more os us that get involved, the more fun!

Next week's challenge: What's in your Fruit Basket?

*Linked to these Parties and Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

Amy said...

very nice.. have a great day...

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your rose(es) are beautiful! I'm hoping my new knock-out roses survive in my yard. Crossing my fingers. :)

Thank you for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back--I appreciate that!). Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon. :)

Country Girl said...

I LOVE your Rose! I was given a rosebush - oh - about three years ago maybe? It hadn't bloomed for my friend in years so she ripped it out and I decided to try. We actually got a half dozen flowers last year. Yay. I love the big roses like you have. That's what I remember growing at our house when I was a kid. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails