Friday, June 3, 2011

2011 Summer Photo Challenge: Intro

Last summer, I shared with you a photography class I was taking from Big Picture Scrapbooking.  For 10 weeks, I chronicled summer items and events in our family's life.  It made me like about the lesser known parts of our lives and the details that make us the Creative2xmom family.  I had so much with it that I wanted to share it with you again in hopes that you would join me.  A fun challenge for the summer sun.

Here's how it works:

Each week there will be an assignment to photograph an item or activity that means summer.  You can journal with your entry or not.  It's up to you.  The point is to take the pictures, play with them, get behind that camera and capture what makes your family unique.  Before you know it, you'll be looking at your summer in a whole new way.

I'll post each week with my own photo and journaling, as well as a linky so we can all share together.  I'm sure we're all taking pictures of our families this summer anyways, so why not?

The dates and categories:

June 10th--Your favorite Summer Accessory
June 17th--Show us your Garden
June 24th--What's in Your Fruit Basket?
July 1st--Show us some Outdoor play
July 8th (my hubby's birthday)--What's Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?  Or Summer Drink?
July 15th--What's on Your Front Door?
July 22nd--What's in Your Summer Bag? Where are You Going?
July 29th--Photograph that Summer Sky.
Aug 5th--What Color Means Summer to You?
Aug 12th--Photograph Something Wet.

So there you go... Your summer assignment.  Join me as we capture summer memories and look at our cameras in a whole new way!

*Linked to Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

Sounds fun. :)

Our family said...

sounds fun and it might help me find some joy again ... i kight just join you.

Amy said...

I may have to check this out after I finish my June challenge. Thanks for linking up...

Related Posts with Thumbnails