Thursday, October 7, 2010

Twelve Weeks of Christmas: Zipper Pouches

Hey how fun is this button?  I have a fabulous friend Bella who graciously designed a button for me.  I am so computer illiterate.  I knew I was going to be able to pull this one off.  But Bella jumped in and made a gorgeous button.  I love it.

Be sure to stop by Bella's Lil Daises and say hi.  She has a wonderful blog chronicling her life with four little beautiful girls.  You'll love it.

So this is it.  I've been wanting to do a Christmas feature leading up to Christmas this year.  And this is what appeared.  Twelve weeks of gifts, recipes, ideas to implement this year in your holiday celebration. I'm hoping you'll enjoy it and come away with some new ideas.

This is the first one:
Zipper Pouches

These are so much fun and so easy.  You'll get hooked on them.  I've thought of so many ideas for these already.  Make up bag, craft bags, little girl purses, jewelry bags... they are super versatile and fun.  So easy that it's a little silly to post a tutorial.

But here's what you need:

*zipper in your choice of color
*2 pieces of felt in contrasting color
*scrap felt to match zipper
*needle and thread

1. Cut out design from scrap felt.  You can do circles, diamonds, ... smile faces.  Cut it out and apply it to the felt.  

2. Sew 2 pieces of larger felt to zipper.  Open zipper.

3. Sew bottom seam, right sides facing together.  Sew up the side seams.  Seam allowance should be the same at the material at the ends of the zippers.

4. To make a flat bottom, sew triangle tips in the corners before flipping material right side out.

5.  Flip pouch right side out and there you go.  So easy.  And I can't sew.  So if I can do it, you can too.  



So what are you whipping up for Christmas?  

*Linked to these Parties

5 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I've made things like this, but never thought to use felt. That's really cute!
Right now I'm working on a pair of crocheted wrist warmers for my daughter--if they aren't ready in time for her birthday in November, it's a Christmas present. I think I'm going to make car trash bags for all the drivers in the family, too. I have a few other projects going on as well.

Brandi said...

I want to make some leg warmers for all the little girls I know, and also some bow holders...

Amy said...

Oh I am not sure what I have going on just yet. Thanks for linking this one up..

Unknown said...

That's a great idea - so many possible uses and ways you could decorate!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

A great idea!! I am a new follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails