Monday, April 12, 2010

Licensing and Chocolate... what a great combination!



This past Sunday, we had a big celebration at our house. No not a belated Easter dinner, but rather a party for my husband's licensing. Yes, after reading and studying, he received his pastoral license. We're so proud of him. We had a great time with a total of 12 family members at our house for lunch that day. It was yummy! Egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches, green salad, pasta salad, brownies with melted white chocolate, and Oreo truffles.

If you haven't tried these Oreo Truffles yet, you have to. We couldn't keep our hands off of them. They were incredible.

Oreo Truffles
1 (16 oz) package of Oreo cookies (or any chocolate sandwich cookie)
1 (8 oz) package of Cream Cheese
2 (8 oz) bars of semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted

Crush your oreos and mix in the cream cheese. Roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 min. Dip in melted chocolate. Sprinkle some crushed oreos on the top. Return to refrigerator and chill until hardened. Store, covered, in refrigerator.

Everyone raved about them and they were so simple. I'll definitely be making these again.

Linked to:
Tackle it Tuesday
Talented Tuesday
Works for Me Wednesday
Made by You Monday

4 comments:

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from Frugal Tues. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
I've been meaning to try these truffles. Everybody raves anout them..Thanks for posting them..Have a Great Day!

Laura said...

I love oreo truffles!

I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Love Oreo truffles! I made some with mint oreos last time, toO!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

These sound so yummy! And it sound like something I could make too! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats to your hubby too! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails