Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Morning Routine

Quick little note to let you know I'm still thinking about you.
Right now, hubby has been gone for 3 days of his 10 day trip and I'm sure I'm pulling my hair out... or going gray. Good thing he took the camera and computer with him otherwise you might be see time progression photos of this crazy process.
Oh, I'm sure we're doing fine. I have lots of things planned to keep the kids and I busy, and we'll take a trip to my mom's this weekend to break up the time.

Anyways... back to what I really started this post for...
Mornings in our house can be hectic. The boys are morning people, but us girls certainly aren't. But even with my four year old being a morning kid, it's still nearly impossible to get him going in the morning. So I sat down last week and made a pictoral morning routine chart for him. I'm hoping this will get us out the door with less fuss as the school year is winding down, and getting ready for the fall. I included:
1. Turn off the nightlight (I don't know why, but it always bugs me when it gets left on in the mornings)
2. Eat breakfast
3. Get dressed and put away jammies
4. Brush teeth
5. Put on shoes

I'm hoping that this will be a simple reminder that there are still things to be completed, right up until those shoes are on. I have plans to put it in a page protector and tack a dry erase marker next to it to check stuff off, but for now, this is where I am.

What is your secret? How do you get your stragglers out the door in the mornings?

1 comment:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Good tips. I shove them! LOL...oh, mornings are TOO crazy around here. I am the world's slowest, meandering children ...it takes them FOREVER to get them going anywhere.

I am still pondering ways to help with this mad morning rushes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails