Thursday, June 27, 2013

26 Intentional Acts of Kindness #11: Vending Machine Blessing

This past week we set out to do something nice for our mailman.  He's so busy and delivering mail in the summer heat is no fun.  So we chilled a couple of bottled waters and set them out for him along with a granola bar for an afternoon pick me up.  Simple and thoughtful, and didn't take a lot of time.

I think that's what I'm learning most in these challenges.  Blessing others doesn't really take that much time.  But it does take some forethought.  And that's really changing the way my kids and I think about others.

Are you ready for the next one?

For this challenge, we're back to leaving change at the vending machines.  I don't know about you, but my kids and I are out and about all week long.   Going to the gym, stopping by the library, picking up something at the store.  There are numerous places to complete this challenge.  So we're going to bank and picking up some quarters.  Don't forget to leave with a note letting the recipient know they're there to take.  And bless someone with an unexpected cool drink or snack for the day.

Will you join us in this challenge?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails