Thursday, June 13, 2013

26 Intentional Acts of Kindness #10: Bless your Mailman

Our challenge last week was to write notes to a loved one telling them why we love them.  Since there's been a lot of sibling rivalry going on in our house lately, I decided to have the kids write notes to each other.  And since it's summer, we turned it into a project.

I encouraged the kids to pick each other's favorite colors and make a card for the other.  On the each petal of the flower, they wrote something they loved bout the other or something they loved to do together.  Some of them really surprised me.  

 photo IMG_0117_zpsbbb9021d.jpg

 photo IMG_0120_zpsd12776ed.jpg

"I love slip n sliding with you."

"I love playing kitchen with you."

"You're a great swimmer."

"You tell funny jokes."

"I love you more than you know."

All in all, it was a great exercise and I'm really hoping it helps with some of the craziness around here.  I know they really do love each other; it's just hard to communicate that to each other.  But I really loved hearing what was going on in their heads.

Are you ready for this week's challenge:

We have a great mailman who works hard every day.  The temperatures have been topping 100 degrees and here he is walking the streets, delivering mail every day.  What a long day!  So we want to do something to show our appreciation.  I have a few ideas: some fresh fruit or snack to give him a mid-day pick up, a cool drink in the afternoon, something to brighten his day.  I'm putting my head together with the kids and we're going to come up with something great.  :-)

How about you?  

Are you ready for the challenge?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails