Monday, March 23, 2009

Making Your Home a Haven



I always loved Making Your Home a Haven when Crystal at Biblical Womanhood hosted it. It was a great time at the beginning of the week to refocus on opening my home and heart, allowing it to become a place of refuge. So I was very excited to see that Tammy from Tammy's Recipes has decided to pick it up while Crystal is preparing for baby #3.

This week's post was about establishing a list of 5 things to do every morning. If you know anything about me, it's that I love routine. I love having a schedule for the day and knowing what's coming next. It makes life predictable and orderly (as much as it can be with two little ones) and I love it. Still I've fallen out of my Morning 5 and feel like this would be a great time to work on it again. If nothing else, it forces me to evaluate what really matters to me. What matters enough to make it into my Morning 5?

1. Get up and start breakfast for me and the kids
2. Spend some time with my bible and memory verse
3. Unload dishwasher (if necessary)
4. Start daily chore (see below)
5. Workout after preschool drop off (needs to happen by lunchtime)

My daily chores look like this:
Monday-vacuum, kitchen floor
Tuesday-laundry
Wednesday-survive crazy day/maybe bake with Big Boy, trash
Thursday-clean bathrooms
Friday-laundry
Weekends open to spend with Daddy

2 comments:

TAMI said...

Love that you also have a rotating list of "Daily Chores." Isn't it good to FALL BACK INTO a routine?!

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Love it!! :) I will have to check out her blog and see what other Mom's are doing for their morning routine. :P (And maybe post mine if I get a chance this afternoon) :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails