Friday, March 31, 2017

2017 March Bookmarks

 photo IMG_2478_zpsczopbrsn.jpg

*Bookmarks is an online book club hosted at Creative2xmom. Here we discuss the books we've read in the past month as well as the suggested reading. Our suggested reading for March was A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans.

These are the books I read this month:

What We Read With The Kids:

The third book in the Little House series, my kids were thoroughly engaged.  They are loving this series and we're anxious to pick up book four.


Part of the Who Was series, this book gave us a look at the legend of Davy Crockett.  Part man, part tall tale, we learned about his contributions to American Independence and history.  Although I must say, I may have learned more about his humanity than I wanted to know.


Our suggested reading for March was A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans--  Pursuing a different biblical virtue/ idea every month, Evans dedicates one year to exploring what the Bible really says about woman.  Just what is a Biblical Woman?  Beyond all the hype and modern interpretation, what is Biblical Womanhood?  I had never heard of Evans prior to this book, although she is a well-known blogger.  And this book really messed with me.  Although the author really put a lot of research into the book, it really played with how I look at the Bible and Christianity.  It really made me question a lot of things I've always believed and at time I honestly wanted to throw the book out the window.  There's good stuff in this book, but read it with a lot of discretion and be in the mood to wrestle with a lot of ideas.

So what are your bookmarks this month?

Tell us in the comments about the books you're chewing on. Or link up a review from your own blog. Let's share the books we're finding, good and bad. And give us your thoughts on A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans

Also don't forget to come back on April 28th as we discuss Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails