Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hope for Each Day {Review}


I love sharing nuggets of truth with my kids every day.  Most days we start our morning reading the Bible and I'm always on the lookout for devotionals that we bring the Word to life for my kids.  Some are better than others.  My favorites are those that aren't necessarily longer, but deeper.  Hope for Each Day is one of those devotionals.

Written by Billy Graham, this daily devotional reads like a dear friend speaking to another.  Told with tenderness, sincerity, and truth, each day shares a short devotional referencing several Bible versions. I love this.  Throughout the devotional, the NIV, NKJV, AMP, ESV, ICB, NASB, KJV, NLT, TLB, and The Message Bible are all used to explain God's message in beautiful detail and language.  This devotional is marketed to six to ten year olds, but I would rate it slightly higher.  Perhaps eight to twelve.  Some of the concepts are a bit more grown up.

All in all, I was delighted with the quality of this book.  Both the physical quality and the inspiration quality are of high value.  I would happily recommend this devotional to parents wishing to spend each day in conversation with their children and the Lord.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails