Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Do-It-Yourself: Sore Throat and Cough Drops

While browsing through Pinterest a few months ago, I came across this idea for Honey Sore Throat and Cough Drops.  It sounded like a great idea.  After all, we already know how great honey is for you and we use it in our DIY Cough Syrup.  This sounded like a quick and easy idea to get something beneficial in my kids without all the filler.

It SOUNDED like an easy idea.  And really for the most part it was.  However, we've been fairly healthy this winter and weren't in need of these right away.  So I made them (using the Lego mold I had from Noah's 7th party) and put them on a plate to save in the cupboard for later.  Saving them?  Well, it was a good idea, but in reality... this is what I ended up with.


Apparently, they aren't a savable cough drop.  Oh, well.  The flavor in them was yummy, and we kids enjoyed sucking on a piece, cough or not.  I added some fresh lemon to mine as well as a little cinnamon.  They turned out flavorful and full of good stuff for you.   Without all the extras.

Not sure if I'd call these a failure or a success.  They did taste good and I do think they'd soothe a cough (although we haven't had any practical application yet).  They are quick and easy, but needed to be made just as we needed them.  So I think I'll keep these in mind for later and hopefully our healthy streak will keep going.

Did you try these Cough Drops?

Do you have an home remedies for cold and cough season?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails