Thursday, January 2, 2014

12 Books to Read Aloud in 2014

We love books in this house.  I'm sure you can't imagine with the Bookmarks lists that come out each month.  And I'm very blessed to have 3 kids that love reading as much as I do.  In fact, I was just in their bookshelf, realizing we have a book addiction as the space is becoming limited.  They have a ton of books as do my husband and I.

Each evening we read aloud to the kids as part of winding down for bed.  In the past, we've read the Little House on the Prairie series as well as most of the Magic Treehouse series and many of the Boxcar Children books.  But I've come to a point where I really need to branch out.  Most of the books that I would automatically reach for, we've already read.  So I'm putting together this list both for you and as a reminder for myself of good books to read to the kids in 2014:

Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater
The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner
The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty Bard MacDonald
Ragweed by Avi
The Rescuers by Margary Sharp
Bed-knob and broomsticks by Mary Norton
A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
Bridge to Terabithia by Kathrine Patterson
The Story of Doctor DoLittle by Hugh Lofting

Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails