Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gingerbread Waffles



This past week, Big Boy started preschool. I'm so proud of him, seeing him reach and grow in new experiences. It's been a tough week as he's learning to take direction from other adults and interact with kids for a bigger chunk of his day. But all in all, he's growing and learning in many different directions. And I'm so proud to see him grow up. He is my first born and I love him very much.

As many differences as it's brought in his life, our family is to adjust to a new morning routine as well. Baby Girl usually sleeps until we're ready to head out the door, and even then I have to wake her up. So I've been working on breakfasts that are portable, breakfasts that she can "eat on the run."

And waffles have been the perfect choice. Gingerbread waffles to be exact.

I found this recipe on a friend's site and we've fallen in love with it. This past weekend, I got up early, made a single batch of waffles (which yielded 20 Mickey heads), and froze the leftovers.

So now as we're getting ready in the morning, I only have to take a waffle out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave, and Baby Girl can munch happily as we drive Big Boy to school. She loves them. These waffles, along with a banana here or there, have really Work for Me.

These waffles are a great Nutritious Freezer Meal that we love.

1 comment:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

These sound so yummy! I don't have a waffle maker; I wonder if I could use the same recipe for pancakes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails