Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Days of Autumn Inspiration: Visit a Farmer's Market


This past Saturday, my husband, mom, kids, and I visited our local farmer's market.  We've been very neglectful of going to the market this summer.  And I've missed the hustle and bustle of local activity.  There's nothing quite like the smells and sights of a farmer's market.


And although we generally think of farmer's market as a summer activity, there was still plenty to see.  I excited to see how much the craft's section of the market had exploded and started thinking about Christmas shopping.  I saw soaps and aprons, body products and edible gifts.  I'm anxious to start making a list and looking at this new possibility for the holidays.


There was also lots of options for lunch.  The Indian food is always a hit with my kids.  Especially Noah.  He loves lots of different flavors and is often ready to try anything.    This waffle stand caught my eye right away.  I would love to try some of these combinations at home.  We finally settled on picking up some fresh tamales.  They were locally made and absolutely delicious.  The whole family loved them.  Thinking ahead, any of these would a great addition to holiday meals.  Another list I want to make.


The flowers were gorgeous.  Another item I hadn't thought of for this time of year and reasonably priced, especially for supporting local business.


And flavored almonds... I have a few family members that would love to see these under the tree this year.


All in all, it was a pretty successful morning at the market.  I got a ton of ideas for the holidays which has inspired me to support local business over the big box stores.  And we got out to enjoy our local community.  So if you're looking for a little fall inspiration, check out your farmer's market.  You never know what you'll find!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails