Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Autumn Inspiration: Simmering Pot


As the seasons change, I'm longing to really create "home" for my family and friends.  One of the ways I'm doing this is by reaching out to all the senses.  And on the days I just can't find the time to bake, I still want to tap into the smells of fall.  That's why I've been experimenting with simmering pots. 


My favorite these days is this orange apple cinnamon combination.  And it's so simple.  Here's what you'll need:

Small pot
Water
Orange peel
Apple peel
Cinnamon sticks
Whole cloves

Fill your pot with all ingredients and bring to a boil on your stovetop.  Turn heat down and allow to simmer throughout the day.  Set yourself a timer to check every 30 min or so.  Make sure you don't run out of water.  Add more water as necessary.

This is a great way to freshen up your home and reach your guests during the holidays.  Finish your baking early in the day and then put on your simmering pot before company arrives.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails