Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days of Autumn Inspiration: Grandma's Zucchini Bread


Well when life gives you zucchini!

Recently I had a friend offer me a zucchini from her garden.  I gladly said yes.  We love zucchini in our house, in everything.  But what I had really been craving was some fall zucchini bread.  And this giant was perfect for that.  Just look at his size!


I shredded the whole thing and got around 10 c. of shredded zucchini.  It's huge!  So the kids and I set off on making Grandma's Zucchini Bread.


Here's what you'll need: 

2 c. zucchini
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
 3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp maple flavor
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 c. flour
1 c. nuts (optional)

And for chocolate loaves:
1/4 c. cocoa
1 c. chocolate chips

(I omit the nuts and just add the chocolate chips without the cocoa)

  1. Mix all your ingredients together well.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 min.
  3. You can make these ahead and freeze them for the holidays or serve immediately
  4. Yields 2 loaves
What yummy fall treats are you baking?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails