Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summer's Coming to an End

As the last day of summer, I thought I'd do a check-up on my Summer To Do List.  This was what I posted earlier in the summer:

  1. Swimming lessons--Big Boy did awesome.  They thought he should have been in a couple of classes higher.  I'm so proud of him.  Watch out Michael Phelps.
  2. Camping with my family--Postponed till Labor Day weekend, but we had a great time.  I had so much fun.
  3. Camping on the coast--This was great.  We got to see my sister and she finally got to meet both of the kids.  Our small group bonded and it was a great break from the 110 degree summer temps.
  4. Spending time with Grandma--We spent a week with her in Aug and the kids got to experience real country life.  It was great.
  5. Picking blackberries--We made tons of jam, syrup, and still had lots to freeze for later.  That's the real taste of summer for me.
  6. Visiting the farmer's market--We didn't make it as often as I would have liked, but the few trips were fun nonetheless.  Hoping to visit a few more times before they close for the season.
  7. Checking out the water feature at the local park--This closed sooner than I thought so we only made it there twice, but both the kids loved it.  I can't wait to utilize that resource more next summer.
  8. Go to the pool a lot--We used it 4-5 times a week.  Big Boy was swimming across the width of the pool without a life jacket by the end of the summer.
  9. Visit Turtle Bay-- We did go there quite a bit, but not as much as I hoped.  It was just too hot and the indoor exhibit wasn't child appropriate this summer.  I'm ready for the new exhibits to start at the end of the month.
  10. Go Kayaking at Wiskeytown-- Didn't make it again this summer.  We really do have to make this a date night next summer.  I really want to do this.
So how did your summer go?  What did you accomplish?  Did you have fun?  Have any reviews?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails