Monday, May 19, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday--The Kids' Room

I've been putting this one off. Our kids, ages 2 years and 5 months, share a room in our two bedroom apartment. Well, sort of. The little one still sleeps in our room, but will be invading our little buys space soon enough. Living in such limited space with youngin's means we have to be pretty creative. In that room is a set of bunkbeds, a crib, two dressers, a bookcase, a toy area, and lots and lots of baby things. We do have a closet. It, in itself, is full of baby clothes, Christmas ornaments, camping necessities, and so much more. But that will have to wait for another day.
Today I'm just trying to get the room straightened up while should be quite a task with two little ones under foot. I plan to complete the following:
  • Sort through my daughter's dresser and pull out things she's outgrown. Being 5 months old, she's constantly outgrowing things and constantly needing things put away or taken out. I'll be going through my son's old clothes to see if there's anything she will be growing into as well. I want to make sure we get the most use of the things we have. He certainly left them in excellent condition as he outgrew them.
  • Sort through what I take out. Some for the consignment shop, some for handing down, some for storage.
  • Clean off my son's dresser to pull the box fan out of storage. We've having a heat wave and it's time we get ready for summer anyways.
  • Clean up the toys, straighten up stuffed animals.
  • Clean up top bunk. Straighten up walker, backpack, portacrib, and stored items. Seal up spacebags for under the bed.
  • Straighten up bookcase. Keep teaching my little guy about putting away his books. Organize some different size diapers, swim diapers, and pull-ups on the upper shelves. Organize a couple on lower shelves for little man to help out.
I'm sure this will be a couple of days project with stopping to nurse, potty train, settle down for naps, and fix meals. But I have some big work to do in there and I might as well get to it. While I'm in there, I'll probably start packing for little man to go to Grandma's for the weekend. He's so excited. I just can't let him help me pack. I put in and he takes out. Wish me luck!

For more "Tackle it" ideas, check out 5 Minutes for Mom.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it great when the little ones overtake OUR rooms instead of their siblings? I'm still wondering when I might be getting some sleep.

Good luck on your tackle!! This is something I actually tackled a couple of months ago and it looks like I might be going right up your alley again.

I have a Bloggy Giveaway going on at my blog so make sure you stop by.

Amanda said...

You can still enter to win the Bath & Body Works stuff - you could always take that $10.00 Enfamil check and give it to someone you know :) Or heck, give it away on your blog LOL

Mindy said...

Power to you! It's a big job but worth it in the end!

The Proverbs Wife said...

Great Tackle.

Karen said...

AW, looking through baby clothes sounds so sweet.

Lots better than my tackle.

http://www.chatbugkaren.com/2008/05/20/tackle-it-tuesday-7/

Anonymous said...

That's a tough tackle with little ones underfoot. It'll feel great when it all gets done. :)

Sarah said...

What a great tackle! Come check mine out!

Michelle said...

that is awesome ,the children's room has been tackled.Mine is here

Related Posts with Thumbnails