Thursday, February 23, 2012

Meal Planning 101: Mom, Can I Have A Snack?


Snacks... I always forget about snacks.  Dinners are important; lunches and breakfasts are general.  But snacks?  It's such a gray area for me.  With shopping on Sunday or Monday, I often find myself staring into a bare cupboard come Friday afternoon wondering what I'm going to give the kids when they get home from school.

And my son... MY SON CAN EAT!

Just as an example, he came home from school today and before dinner, he had:
2 graham crackers with peanut butter,
2 homemade popsicles,
1 carrot,
1 apple,
and some juice.

And snacks don't have to be all that complicated.  They just have to be plentiful.  In our house, we like to keep the snacks healthy.  And of course, filling.  Here are just a few ideas to get you thinking:

Carrot sticks, bell pepper strips, and celery with hummus or dip
Sugar snap peas or cherry tomatoes
Any fresh fruit (we go through a ton of apples)
Fruits with dip
Homemade popsicles/ fruit pops
Smoothies
Wheat thins and dip
Graham crackers and peanut butter
Popcorn
Granola bars
Cheese sticks
Yogurt or Applesauce
Trail mix or nuts/Pumpkin seeds
Snack breads or leftover muffins

I'm working on a couple of new popsicle ideas to bring you as the months warm up as well.  I have a yummy one in the freezer right now, but the kids haven't tasted them yet.  Maybe I'll keep them all to myself.

What are some of your best snack ideas?


*Linked to these Parties

1 comment:

Patrice said...

We used to go through grapes by the vineyard full...LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails