Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mediterranean Grilled Cheese


So I don't know if you would really call these Mediterranean or not, but that's what we call them.  And they are yummy.  For so long, I just stuck to basic grilled cheese sandwiches.  And while they're ok, I'm finding your just can't go wrong with a grilled cheese sandwiches.  My kids thought I was a little crazy at first, adding things to their dinner, but I changed their minds.  This is what we came up with.

Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
2 slices hearty whole wheat bread
Mozzarella cheese
Tomatoes
Olives
Green onions
Butter for grilling

1. Butter the outside of your bread and start grilling on a hot stove

2.  Add mozzarella slices and begin melting.

3. Add chopped olives, onion, and tomato.  Cover with second slice.

4. Finish toasting and melting cheese.  Serve with green salad, fruit or tomato soup.

What new flavors are you finding in the kitchen?


*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails