Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do-It-Yourself: Hand Scrub


At the beginning of the year, I set 12 DIY Project goals for 2012.  February's challenge was to make a hand scrub.  I made a Vanilla Scrub back in Dec 2010, but it was time for a change.  I stopped one on Pinterest that I was dying to try.  Peppermint is my absolute favorite scent.  It just relaxes me.  I know it's supposed to be invigorating, but it feels homey.

After a long day of doing dishes and washing bottles, I love opening this up and treating my hands to a relaxing massage.  Plus the ingredients are so easy.  I keep the empty peanut butter jars when we finish them.  They're perfect for projects like this and having a couple on hand means you can make more to share.

Here's how to get started:

Homemade Peppermint Hand Scrub

3 c. white sugar
1 c. oil (I used olive oil, but the original recipe calls for grape seed oil)
Peppermint Oil

Mix sugar and oil to desired consistency.  I added more sugar to reach the consistency I wanted.  Add peppermint oil to your liking.  Include a stir stick to stir before each use.

I kept mine pretty plain 'cause it's just for me.  But go over and check out the original post for some beautiful packaging.  Love the way this blogger dressed it up!

You have to try this one.  Easy way to feel girly and have fun!  Hope you like it!

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails