Sunday, February 5, 2012

Monday Muddle


Hey Everyone,
How's your life out there in blog land?  What did you do this weekend?

Three kids.... wow!  I'll say it again.  Love, kisses, dirty dishes,... and chaos!  That pretty much sums up my life right now.  I have to keep reminding myself that we're in very new territory and still need time to adjust.  And yet, with each day that passes, the to-do list gets a little longer.  :-)  Such is life.

I rounded up the kids and took them to a bi-monthly library sale.  I'd love to take my camera some time and show you how crazy they are.  There had to have been over 100 people waiting for the doors to open on Saturday.  So I strapped baby in a carrier and hung tight to my two older kids until we weaved our way to the children's section.  I picked out several books, a few for homeschooling, and let the kids pick out several for themselves.  Noah got his first comic book, a vintage Mickey Mouse Adventures.  I've hardly seen his nose out of it all weekend.

Lydia went to a friend's house that afternoon so it was just the boys and I.  We played games and read new books.  It was fun to focus on Noah for awhile and just spend some one on one time while the baby napped.  Chores took up the bulk of our weekend.  Lydia tripped on a chair in Sunday School and came home with a busted tongue.  Poor baby was just ruined for the rest of the day.  So we stuck close to home and just relaxed.  Caught up on the laundry... or attempted to.  Made some Valentine's candy.  Normal family events.

OH, hey, and this little thing called the Super Bowl.  Did you watch?
 
Our Menu this Week:

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal and bananas
Frozen pancakes
Blueberry baked oatmeal


Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Yummy salads
Cucumber Wraps
Cucumber/Tomato Salad
Carrots/peas/string cheese/fruit

Dinners:
Monday: Pasta E Fagoili
Tuesday; Salmon Patties, zucchini boats
Wednesday: Coconut Chicken
Thursday: Tacos, cilantro lime rice
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Out with Family
Sunday: ???

Extras:
Strawberry Limeades
Carmel apple cheesecake bars

Projects I'm working on this week:
Finish 1000 gifts book
V-day fun
Scrapbook t-ball page
Work on Family Values project
Refine chore cards

Don't forget to check back tomorrow.
We'll have a link up for checking in on our 2012 Goals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails