Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheaper Workouts?




So how are those New Year's Resolutions going? If you're like most Americans, you've probably already forgotten about them. After all, that was almost 6 weeks ago. :-)

My big one was to keep loosing those last few pounds. Doesn't that sound familiar? I dropped most of my baby weight after Lydia, but the holidays really did a number on my sugar cravings so I'm back to watching my weight.

While I don't have any great ideas for banishing the sugar fix (especially with Valentine's day just around the corner), I do have an idea for cheaper workouts. My husband was in Walmart a few nights ago and saw one of the Biggest Loser workout videos marked down to $10. Not bad when compared to a gym membership and you're sure to see results if you stick with it. Doubt it? Just tune in every Tuesday and I'm sure you'll be convinced.

That got us thinking. Netflix has instant watch movies and they have a section specifically for workout videos. There are several Jillian Michael's videos, as well as pilates, yoga, and pregnancy videos, just to name a few. There are more than enough to keep your interest, your muscles confused, and help you drop a few pounds in your own home.

What to go even cheaper? Check out Youtube. That's right. We've also found workout videos on there. Look up Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser, any workout guru that you'd like to be challenged by. You never know what you're going to find.

As for me, it's back to the workout tomorrow. Back to getting my hinny kicked. Back to, hopefully, seeing a few pounds drop off. Now if you've got any ideas for me how to kick the sugar habit, I'd love to hear them.

What works for you?

Check out more frugal ideas at Biblical Womanhood.

4 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Thanks for the great suggestions! I've never thought of YouTube for a workout video. I typically run outside pushing 2 of my little ones in a jogging stroller, but there are days it is too wet or cold to take them out and I often think it would be nice to have a way to work-out inside without the gym fee! I'm so trying YouTube!

sleepingKelly said...

I have an easier time if I go to the gym. It's nice to get away from mommy-duty for a little while and once I'm there, I don't wimp out. However, I have taken advantage to the workout videos that are free on-demand w/ my cable network. It's good for specific area workouts (like abs).

MDiskin said...

I never thought of YouTube for exercise videos -- what a great idea!

I posted a list of 12 ways to exercise on the cheap at my blog here: http://dropthebabyweight.com/wordpress/?p=11

hope you don't mind my posting the link!

Thia said...

Our netflix account allows unlimited instant viewing, so I don't even have to wait for them to come in the mail!

Related Posts with Thumbnails